The start of social dancing...

12:11 AM

Went to my first Light Square Stomp social dance last Thursday night.

Oh, Lord.... I am so hooked.

I've been swing dancing for a few months now, and last week was the first time I felt confident enough to step out outside class. And was it worth it! I felt like I was up and dancing all night; I met so many incredible talented people, who encouraged me and helped coach me through the tough bits. In the end I was doing moves I haven't learnt yet! My self esteem (which suffers at the best of times) was so nurtured!

For anyone learning, I really encourage you to get out there. It's completely terrifying at first, but it is the only way you'll grow and get better as a dancer. And everyone is so nice!

I'm so excited to go again tomorrow night!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images