Queensland's disaster

1:10 PM

I feel like I need to take the time to be a little serious for a moment.

Over the last week, Queensland has been subject to torrential rain and floods that now cover 1/3 of its entire area. Thousands of people have lost their homes, 9 people have been killed and many more are unaccounted for. Buildings and cars have literally been swept away. Its all over the television here; complete utter devastation. So disturbing to see, so i can't imagine what the people over there are going through.

A website has been set up where you can donate to a relief appeal, if you feel compelled to.
You can visit it here.

People of Queensland, my heart goes out to you.
x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm just so thankful that my aunts family are south of brisbane in a safer area. Another advantage of living next to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear you are safe and I send my best wishes to those affected by this disaster. Just came across your blog. You are lovely and your blog is so inspiring!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images