Medicine for the soul

8:22 PM

This week I haven't been feeling so well :(

I haven't felt like getting out and about at all, and I haven't made it in to tafe the last couple of days. My forced confinement to my bedroom has meant I've got quite a lot of homework done though, so there is somewhat of a plus side.

Today, I had to take some time away from the Mac, to rest, just for myself. And I must say, when you're feeling yucky, theres nothing quite so comforting as a good book.


I have a huge obsession with books. Particularly nice big fat (healthy-sized!) ones with pretty covers. I hoard them like a crow does with shiny things! My collection has far overflowed my bookshelf. And at the moment, I'm especially enamoured with clothbound books, and ones with ribbons :)



These are just a few from the pride of my collection; 20 clothbound penguin classics released a year or so ago, with fabulous cover designs by Coralie Bickford-Smith.


(In posting these pictures on the internet i discovered there are actually more to be collected! Gulliver's travels, Inferno, and A Christmas Carol are on their way to me now, and there will be three more after they are released in a couple of months. The collection grows!)

Of course, a good story can be helped along with a nice hot drink, chai perhaps?


... and maybe a little chocolate or two :)


Jordan and I bought these from the Central Markets last Friday night. I have to admit they didn't actually last until today :)

As you can see, I'm well on my way to being mended!
xLove

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. awww hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much! How lovely of you, Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so much alike :) When I'm not feeling well, I get out my favourite books and hot cocoa ... and of course tea for the entire day! It's very relaxing.

    I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos. I also love cloth bound books. I jsut posted about my favourite book actually : ) check it out:

    http://houseofcaitlinrose.blogspot.com/2011/03/blue-fairy-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better, Erin! A good book can indeed do wonders. Those books are beautiful, but I must admit I'm a paperback gal all the way. I collect the orange Penguins like you collect those. =]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I know that feeling, at least you have a gorgeous book collection to make things better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images