'For the Finest Hair Styles'...

1:56 PM

Good afternoon!

Whenever I do a pincurl set, I usually set my hair with bobby pins, mainly for lack of something better. Though a bobby pin set works fine, sometimes the little curved bits of the grip of the pins leave furrows in the curls which show as little ridges when the hair is brushed out. I'd been on the lookout for some flat grips for a while now, and the other day I found a wonderful vintage 1950s set on etsy, at LivingOnVelvet. They arrived yesterday, and last night I had the chance to try them out!


They were packaged so lovely, with brown paper and ribbon, and a wonderful little note. Thankyou Lisa! Isn't the box nostalgic? Pretty enough to sit on my shelf :)


This is how the set looked this morning after I had slept on it. Messy, I know! Because it was late last night that I curled my hair, I used no real pattern, just rolling each side towards my face and pinning flat. Three barrel curls stood upright on my forehead (but unfortunately they got a bit squished, I must have slept funny).

And here are the curls brushed out! 


They look very similar to my bobby pin set, but smoother and I don't have those little ridges. Huzzah! I also liked that these were quicker to put it, with little squeezy handles, and I don't have to wreck my teeth opening the bobby pins (naughty me, I know I'm not supposed to do that anyway!).

So that's that! Get yourself some pincurl clips if you can, they really do make a difference! LivingOnVelvet actually has another vintage set listed on the shop, and the box is just as pretty, if not more! Have a look if you're interested.
See you again soon!
x

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. ooooh lovely! I have been wondering where to find those little suckers. Although I'm not sure I set my hair often enough to bother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! The slides are definitely much easier to use. I think I found a whole bunch at Arndale Price Attack a year or so back and was pretty excited. Don't do pincurls anymore, though!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! How ideal! You've inspired me, I've never used the clips before, must try that out tonight!

    xoxo
    Solanah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!! Your curls look perfect and so defined. What a cute li'l box they came in too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks beautiful like that! How do you do it? Whenever I pin curl my hair, it ends up a tight slightly frizzy mess! And that box is so cute, definitely pretty to put out on the shelf. xxx
    p.s. I polka-dotted my nails by opening up a bobby pin and dipping the end into the lighter nail polish and then dotting my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I use my teeth to open Bobby pins too...whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty-- can't wait to try it when I grow my hair out again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for commenting, everyone!

    Claire eloise: The trick is to brush past the point of frizz. I know that feeling of taking out the pins and brushing and being like 'oh my GOODNESS WHAT HAVE I DONE?!' haha. stay calm, keep brushing and let the curls drop. If you brush agains your hand it helps form smoother waves. Hope that helps :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful curls!
    xoxo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you!! You look beautiful Erin, pincurls really do make a difference. I never get to do them because my hair are so long and thick, so it takes forever and I end up with something that looks more like cinnamon rolls on my head instead :D
    Have a lovely week darling!
    Ale

    ReplyDelete
  12. they look amazing on you like that!!! wow. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gosh, what gorgeous hair, you look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I am loving your hair sweetie!!

    You look so beautiful and those curls are perfect!! ♥♥♥


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab post, your hair looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your comments, Ladies :)

    Ale: I know they take forever on long hair, I wish they didn't! Most nights I just can't be bothered, to be honest. But it does pay off when I do set :)

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  17. and now I want to have long hair...but it could take a while!lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for commenting, ladies, It really does make my day :)
    xErin

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images