Going green

2:47 PM



The photo above is of me walking into the main township of Ubud, in the centre of Bali, earlier this year.  Just look how green it is, it's incredible! It was in Ubud that I bought this dress I'm about to show you; its definitely my favourite purchase of the trip, and my number one regret is that I didn't buy more.




While the shopping in Bali is definitely abundant, I found it somewhat difficult finding clothes that were my style; namely generously cut (in length particularly) and a little bit vintage inspired. The majority of shops are geared either to the surfy type crowd - with torn, distressed, bleached denim short shorts and super stretchy paper thin tees with little fit, and barely-there bikinis; or they sell highly cultural one-size-fits-all batik-printed pull on dresses (the loveliest of which I actually did buy, you can see it in the picture above, or in this post). But in a little boutique off Monkey Forest Road I found this gorgeous frock.






It's a swing-style wrap dress, in green homespun cotton. It has a slight sheen to it, and I am absolutely in love with the texture; it has little nicks and areas where the thread varies, and some patches where the dye has stayed more than others. These little 'abnormalities' make the dress truly unique, I love them.


They had these in multiple colours, and I can't say for sure why I chose the green (as it isn't a colour I would tend to lean towards usually)- but perhaps it's safe to say it was the influence of the lush rainforest surroundings. And it's true that whenever I wear it I'm reminded of being there. But as I've said before, I really do wish id bought more!!! Maybe one in deep blue, one in rich burgundy, oh dear.


Guess I'll have to go back someday :P




Fully fashioned stockings and Harlow suspender belt- What Katie Did
Shoes- target 



This is my Beagle, Barney. While I spun in my dress, he rolled :P

Hope you all have great weekends!
x

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Lovely vintage-style dress, looks perfect for warm summer days. I would have been tempted to get one in every color, it's a very flattering shape on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing, and I love your dress!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute green dress!!! and how adorable is your dog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barney is cute!! I looove your green dress! I bet visiting Bali was amazing!

    I'm having major hair jealously :)

    I hope you have a lovely weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing. that is definitely a beautiful green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, your doggie is so cute! Also, I adore that dress, and your hair is so lovely and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your images are beautiful, and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much, ladies, for your beautiful comments :)
    They certainly make me smile!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You look like a vintage bombshell in those photos! Love the hair and the dress! :)

       ♥ Teresa ♥
    - Pretty Dandy -

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress I can't believe you got it in Bali, that first photo is so pretty in the rainforest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved ubud, did you go to the monkey forrest, I saw some 'disabled' monkeys there & it broke my heart! I didnt really buy any clothes while I was there....just many pairs of sunglasses ive never worn, while in bali I guess!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog for australian readers only, it's a westfield voucher :) Thought you might be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Green Tea- I can't believe it either!!! It really was an amazing find :)

    ALWAYS CHASING- We did go to the monkey forest! Definitely a highlight, but i was sad too, there were lots of nursing mothers with little babies; and then there was a mother bent over her baby, and it wasn't moving. We were fairly sure it had died and she was grieving. It was absolutely heartbreaking to see, but also sort of beautiful too. Everybody hurts, that was evidence of that.
    We got sunnies too! About 5 pairs of rayban knockoffs in multiple colours. I think its just what you do when you're there!
    Thanks for your comments!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first photo is absolutely INCREDIBLE! It looks like something out of National Geographic magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice dress and a beautiful dog!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dress!!
    Wouldn't guess it is from Indonesia! Quite a gem!

    Your first photo of that street reminded me of a street in Rome. I have to find a photo of it to share. You may not believe it but it is just as that green and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this dress looks like it was made for you!
    just came across your blog and you pretty much have my dream wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Erin, Love this post and I bought an almost identical dress in Ubud this spring! Can you remember the name of the boutique... mine was something like Papillon or Emilie's, does that ring a bell? I've been trying to track it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, thanks for the comment! I'm sorry to say I can't recall. The dress doesn't have a tag at all beside the fabric and cleaning instructions. But I can remember seeing them at multiple places throughout Ubud. That's no help really though, sorry!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images