How jazz was born

11:21 PM

Hello there everyone!

Firstly I want to say a huge welcome to my new followers, I've had quite a few new ones in the last week, and I want to say thanks so much! I hope you find something here that you like :)

I've recently got a gorgeous new dress in the mail, and I'll post about it soon, when I have a little more time. For now I just wanted to share with you my latest favourite video on the net, a snippet from the 1948 film 'A Song is Born'.

I have to be honest and say I haven't seen the whole movie; I hope to find the time in the holidays, when study is over (if only for a week or two). But I've watched this over and over. Isn't it just incredible? Full of the best kinds of things; sharply dressed men, fabulous fashion (SO FABULOUS! I especially love the lady in dark green at 1:48, the printed turquoise and purple frock on the woman at 3:28, the amazing black feather hat at 3:39, everything about the lady behind Louis at 5:05, and of course, the elegant Virginia Mayo as Honey Swanson), all the best most talented jazz musicians and their toe tapping, hip swinging, danceable jams, and the effervescent Danny Kaye.

I cannot get enough of this, and i wish I could squeeze myself into every scene :)

On a somewhat related note; Virginia Mayo was particularly fabulous in general. Don't you agree?

 I will never look as perfect as this. So. Pretty.

See you again soon!

You Might Also Like


  1. so much talent in one spot! love the video. and yes, virginia mayo was a total babe, I love the fourth from the bottom pic, and also her name ; )

  2. She is wonderful! I feel like that scene (maybe the whole film, haven't seen it ) shares some qualities with the film Ball of Fire..even her dress is similar to Barbara Stanwyck's.

    P.S. I got to your blog just link hopping. Love the hair!


Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images