An afternoon in the garden

5:05 PM



This afternoon it's been warmer than usual so, because I had a rare day off work, I meandered around the garden for a bit. Today I wore my new dress, and for once it wasn't covered up under a million layers :) I've been feeling awfully body conscious of late; I've put on all my extra winter weight and winter hasn't even started yet! I feel a bit gross about any photos of me, so I've been avoiding them :S But i thought I'd show you this dress as it really is beautiful. 


Kitty cuddles :)


Dress- 1940s vintage, from myfavoritevintage on etsy
Stockings- fully fashioned from What Katie Did
Heeled oxford brogues- Target




My favourite thing about this dress is absolutely the Peter Pan collar. I'm a sucker for them, especially when they're trimmed with lace like this. I feel like a little girl again :)




Mum's just started us a little vegie garden! We have two big styrofoam boxes out on trestles in the back yard filled with goodies. It's exciting, we've never really grown our own produce before (apart from a massive pumpkin which we found in the bushes, but that doesn't count because it was totally by accident!). Things seem to be going ok so far; we have cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, carrots and strawberries - I'm most excited about those!


Do you grow your own produce? Can you give us any tips? I'd love to hear them!
Good afternoon!
x

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Amazing dress, the color and the cut suits you very well! :)
    I wish I had the opportunity to grow some veggies, but unfortunately I haven't even got a balcony. If I had one I'd probably try and grow some red chili and tomatoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! I adore this dress and the way it looks on you! The fabric and details look great and your hair is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress, looks great.
    I´m thinking of growing some tomatoes and strawberries ony my balcony - for the first time too, so I´m bit nervous... Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! The colour is amazing. I think you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your dress! very vintage chic. your blonde hair reminds me of sleeping beauty! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat is adorable =) The dress is beautiful on you, I love the colour and the collar too. Nevermind worrying about your weight because I certainly can't tell!

    I have a pair of brogues similar to yours, I think my leather is a tad lighter in colour though.

    My sister used to have a little greenhouse and grow tomatoes, strawberries, cress and a few other stuff. I sometimes miss it, nothing like fresh fruit and vegetables!


    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is perfect! I adore peter pan collars too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little collar and that cat is adorable!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww you have such a gorgeous cat! Hehe took me a minute to realise how pretty your dress was because I got distracted by your cat :) Lace trimming on collars is so adorable.
    Having freshly grown produce is awesome, my only advice is to make time to look after them. I never have time to tend my herbs and now they're all dying :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful, and that dress is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this dress! very cute

    http://kirarana.blogspot.com/

    Life:Love.Imagination.Fashion.Entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable dress.The colour really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, I might be a bit late on this post, but I just had to stop and say that that dress is absolutely darling!! Just the prettiest little thing I've ever seen. You look so lovely and it fits like a dream. Cute kitty too!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is amazing, I'm going straight to the etsy shop you got it from now! Also, cutest kitty ever!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images