Violet femme

11:59 PM

Hello there, lovelies. My goodness, it has been a while :)

Well, assignments are, for the most part, over. I have just one to get in by this thursday, but other than that, I'm a free woman! Theres a big weight lifted off my shoulders, and it's wonderful. I can feel all that hair I lost from stress growing back, finally, haha!

I've been meaning to show you this dress for a while now. Like many other vintage-inspired ladies out there, I spend a lot of time perusing repro web stores, and one of my favourite haunts has to be Able Grable. I've always loved glancing over the custom frocks, dreaming one might be mine someday, but on my student budget it wasn't ever going to be a reality. So imagine my excitement when I saw this stunning purple Iris Henderson gown pop up on adelinesattic, for at least half the usual price, and with the tagline 'if you love it, get it before its gone!'... well, really, how could I resist?


I've put on a lot of weight over the last couple of weeks and I feel a bit pudgy and scrappy. I don't lend the dress the kind of Fleur de Guerre type elegance it deserves, unfortunately. And I'm not sure I'll find somewhere special enough to wear it out in its full glory. But it's the most 'Hollywood starlet' piece of clothing I own, and though rocking it may feel a bit beyond me right now, it makes me feel a little bit pretty. And the way it swirls around my knees is divine :)



Until next time,
x

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. Whatever! You look amazing! I love your dress :-) I'm so happy that your assignments are finally over!

    Where did you find your beautiful dress?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! and your hair is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look incredible!! I really can't tell you have put on any weight - you look fabulous with that teeny tiny waist!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning! Glad to hear your exams are over and the stress has subsided. I remember that about uni. It sucked! Now you can relax for a bit before next semester starts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not only the way it swirls that is divine, you too look absolutely divine! Red can be your favorite color but this blue really flaters your skin tone...
    But the most important thing I wanted to tell you about is that... I received your giveaway!!!!!!! And the gift-wraping was so cute that I took the time to take a picture of it before ripping it out! I will definitely make a post out of it! The brooch is gorgeous and your letter is charming.
    Thanks again lovely Erin for sending this to me.
    Lexy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. va va voom-- you look stunning my dear, absolutely stunning! btw, you look perfect at the weight you're at, but I do know what you mean. when i gain weight even if no one notices, I just can't stand the way my clothes feel when they get tight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is quite a knockout dress! You look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! So gorgeous! I am THRILLED it went to you! xox Jill (owner of Adeline's Attic Vintage www.adelinesattic.etsy.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I popped in today to visit your blog to tell you you are JUST the kind of gal I long to see in my designs, you look stunning!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look amazing in that dress! especially your hair! how do you style it like that? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your look !! just like that, I'm your new follower ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! don't you look amazing and so classy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore Able Grable and this dress looks absolutely perfect for you! Such a vibrant colour, very luxurious.


    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, You are now my July website CoverGirl and model on the Miss Iris Henderson page!
    Thank you I am over the moon xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so sweet, love your hair, and the color of your dress is absolutely amazing!
    Hugs and kisses
    Taida

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look absolutely breath taking! That dress looks like it was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that dress fits you like a dream! Stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dress is so pretty! <3 I love the colour and the bow detail!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress is perfect on you, you have such an amazing figure! I love the bow on the front too!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are no words! I am gushing vintage love!

    xo, Strawberry Moth

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look completely lovely! I adore how you've done your hair.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  22. Youve put on weight??? LOOK AT YOUR WAIST! I dont think you have anything to worry about!
    And yes, I cant believe you know fran! She originally went to my school Cornerstone College (I didnt know her then) then must have transferred to yours.. and now she's dating one of my boyfriends best friends! Small world indeed! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look absolutely STUNNING in this dress! And your hair...! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images