No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow

12:32 AM

Yesterday my family met with Jordan's family up in the Adelaide Hills. We went to Stangate House, a beautiful 1940s National Trust homestead nestled in the heart of Aldgate (one of the most beautiful parts of this corner of the world where I live). The house sits in between two little hills, has tiered lawns, a creek running through the middle, a big giant oak tree, and a huge glorious garden of camelias, which yesterday was open to the public. And in true springtime fashion, the flowers were in full bloom.




Jordan's lovely sister Lauren









Flower's have the strangest names, sometimes.


I have a confession to make. The trip to Stangate House was for more than just a lovely sunny afternoon out, though it was definitely that too.

Jordan and I are getting married here :)

It will be next March, in the Autumn, so the garden will look almost completely different, with more leaves on the trees and a little bit more red and yellow colour around. But it will be just as beautiful! It was pretty exciting to visit knowing that it's all going to happen somewhere on those lawns :)

My handsome husband to be :)


And here's what I wore for the day :)

Day dress in Pearl Harbour Print - Trashy Diva
Cardigan- Cotton On


All my love, until next time
x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. What a wonderful setting for your wedding! Congratulations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is gorgeous! We had our final details meeting with the wedding coordinator at our venue on the weekend. Everything is pretty much all set now. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pictures are so amazing! I adore your dress, you look so lovely.

    xo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful place to get married! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! I love your dress! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this. Am following now :)

    

Please please please follow me and let me know what you think! - can’t wait to hear from you!!



    http://roses-are-blue-fashion-blog.blogspot.com/

    

kisses polly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like the perfect spot for a wedding, so beautiful. Love the print and style of your dress too!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images